DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2760N DrayOS

• uk sentinel
  • Topic Author
More
23 May 2014 15:27 #80126 by uk sentinel
2760N DrayOS was created by uk sentinel
The V2760n in the UK version has been around for just under a year know and I have had lots of issues/bugs with the Linux/OpenWRT based Firmware.

Recently DRAYOS has been released which is Draytek original but much improved Firmware and is compatible on the 2760N, G.Vector etc. but only the 'DELIGHT' versions, can I ask when if this will be available on the UK specific models (non-DELIGHT)

http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5435:vigor2760n-delight&Itemid=662&lang=en#downloads

Always fun ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2014 22:14 #80133 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2760N DrayOS
DrayOS Firmware is only available/compatible for users who have the Delight hardware
(i.e. that came delivered like that). Both versions exist as parallel product OSs. Neither type currently supports vectoring.
If you have 1.x.x firmware, download new 1.x.x firmware.
If you have 3.x.x firmware, download new 3.x.x firmware.

(If you want to obviously - if your router's happy, leave it alone :-) ).

Do not try to swap between them; that is not approved and can cause problems.

Forum Administrator

• uk sentinel
  • Topic Author
More
25 May 2014 07:08 #80134 by uk sentinel
Replied by uk sentinel on topic Re: 2760N DrayOS
Understood, my 2760N currently resides in a cupboard as it does not work, I have 2 outstanding calls with Draytek Support which remain unsolved and on-going.

This is why I was/am desperate to try another avenue to get my router working.

Hope his makes sense?

UK Sentinel

More
26 May 2014 00:17 #80141 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2760N DrayOS
any info when will be available the delight unit in UK?Thanks

More
26 May 2014 08:31 #80142 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2760N DrayOS
There are some practical issues and some technical ones so I can't be sure that it WILL be made available. There's also an issue about, no matter how carefully you warn some people of the outcomes/potential issues etc. they still then get upset when something happens (e.g. losing all settings when converting and then finding they don't have their ISP password etc, or they just simply don't read or follow the instructions... some people will always blame someone else!). DrayTek are just creating problems for themselves if they allow people to convert. Even if you say "you might have problems...it's at your own risk" people accept/agree, and then decide they don't like that deal when it goes wrong :-) Or they say "where's my quick setup wizard gone...I paid for it..." (the QSW if not very useful anyway, IMHO). It's small number of people, but causes a big headache. Another issue is that if there are variable hardware versions. Personally, it would have been a lot simpler if they had not created the possibility of conversion and just put DrayOS in a new model, Vigor2761 or whatever.

Back to the official advice, if you have outstanding technical issues, raise them or chase them with support - that is the recommended action, not holding out for conversion. You don't divorce your wife just because she picks her nose :-)

Forum Administrator

More
26 May 2014 10:18 #80144 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2760N DrayOS
In general using without issues for all my Draytek units few betas are coming around (from Draytek sources) from time to time, with my excitement i did not think other users Don't have the same way of thinking like me (load to their units any kind of test files) ...

As an affected user seen the files published at a Draytek site (at that time) it seems was like an alternative solution ...
I do release by now was mistake because the files was in test or beta stage (so not completed) and can cause during or after the conversion other on top issues ... You mentioned FEW ...thanks for that
Even i gave warning at their own risk, i release now this may not enought reason for others not attempting using the files

A mistake out of so many post/advice but please understand as owner of the model i had issues and this this could lead to alternative solutions
It may not solve my altitude but i apologise and i be more careful

Moderators: Sami