Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Plusnet fibre settings for 2850n?

• octafish
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jul 2014 10:16 #80494 by octafish
Plusnet fibre settings for 2850n? was created by octafish
I'm in something of a predicament:
Yesterday a BT engineer hooked me up to Plusnet's fibre service 80/20; he said it is an exceptionally good line and I should be able to get the maximum throughput available.

He connected using a DSL lead to thru Openreach modem (not viaEthernet) and Plusnet's Technicolor offering - downstream speed 17Mbps (which was my old ADSL2 speed) but 18Mbps upstream. The 2850n tho' syncing at 20Mbps upstream and 79.8Mbps downstream wouldn't connect. Searching forums I found a reference to changing (enabling in my case) a VLAN tag to a value of 101. It worked BUT the speed is my old ADSL2 speed of 17Mbps down and 0.7Mbps up (a long way from 18Mbps up!).

Does anyone know the configuration settings for the 2850n, on a Plusnet/BT connection? Latest firmware in use.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Ps I know it takes up to 10 days to settle but there's something wrong here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2014 12:45 #80497 by sgibbs
Replied by sgibbs on topic Re: Plusnet fibre settings for 2850n?
This sounds like a Plusnet limit applied on the line rather than an issue with your router.

I would contact Plusnet via their forums and ask for your line profile to be nudged.

• octafish
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jul 2014 14:04 #80498 by octafish
Replied by octafish on topic Re: Plusnet fibre settings for 2850n?
Thanks sgibbs, I'll try that altho' because I'm in the 10 day setup period they'll probably tell me to come back then. Odd tho' that the Openreach modem got an 18Mbps upload (also the 2850n is no longer allowing admin access from the directly connected PC!!!).

Thanks again.

Steve

• octafish
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jul 2014 10:53 #80529 by octafish
Plusnet did adjust my settings to the maximum but my speed is now only 24Mbps down and 0.8 up! The Openreach modem immediately got 75/18.86 Mbps, I'd be happy with that but when I try and use The Openreach modem on WAN2 as an alternative to the inbuilt Draytek one but wouldn't connect with PN and I don't have an admin ip login for the Openreach modem. The Technicolor PN modem is useless and won't play ball with my Devolo homeplug arrangement, which is vital for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Steve

More
04 Jul 2014 13:43 #80534 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Plusnet fibre settings for 2850n?
Here some possible settings to check

make sure you have the correct username (maybe username>@plusdsl.net and password)
WAN >> General Setup> enable & always on, choice vdsl only, vlan tag 101, & give a name (example Plusnet Fibre)
Disable the other wan 2 & wan 3
wan>>internet connection (photo below)
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Advice/Article.asp?TextID=1343
swap bettewn PPPoE (llc snap) / PPPoA vc mux)
MTU 1492

If still not luck try this order
change different modem code, some for annex b works well & for vdsl lines
System Maintenance >> Time and Date ... try with browser time or set with server UK time
VDSL >> VDSL Setup try manually 17a or 30a & carrier A43 / B43

Allow few minutes to connect, not give up straight away

• octafish
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jul 2014 18:35 #80536 by octafish
Thanks everyone for being so helpful. I've also had excellent service from Draytek support but.... I now have egg on my face. I found that I had set Bandwidth Management >> Bandwidth default to ADSL levels, so I could use the rest of the section to limit one user. I have put in a huge default limit now and I now have proper Fibre speeds. The router had simply been doing what I'd told it to do. Doh!!! :oops:

Steve

Moderators: Sami