DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Transferring settings from 2962ac to 2965ax

• jrp
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jan 2022 17:57 #1 by jrp
Is there an easy way to drop-in replace the new router (ie, transfer the settings from the old to the new)? I assume that just saving the settings from the old router and importing them to the new one won't work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2022 20:51 #2 by hornbyp
Occasionally, you are able to import the Configuration Backup files from certain earlier models. I don't know what this means with respect to the 2965ax - there's no mention of such a model on Draytek.co.uk ...

You can always make use of the 'telnet' interface to dump out sections of the config. This at least gives you a 'crib sheet', but with a bit of 'massaging' you can turn them into scripts you can paste into the new Router's telnet interface.

• jrp
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jan 2022 21:18 #3 by jrp
Thanks. Sorry it was a 2862ac and 2865ax.

What is the command for showing the config sections, please?

More
06 Jan 2022 21:35 #4 by hornbyp

More
06 Jan 2022 21:40 #5 by hornbyp
If you go into the "Configuration Backup" menu on the 2865ax, does it have a section like this (from the 2860)

I couldn't spot anything similar in the manual and the functionality is disabled in the online emulator. :(

More
07 Jan 2022 16:03 #6 by craigski
I really don't know why Draytek can't provide a utility to extract a binary configuration file and convert to a human readable text file. This would make moving between different models (where the upgrade directly from another model binary backup file is not supported) a whole lot easier, maybe they would sell more new hardware if the processes was made easier?

Would also make documentation/audit a whole lot easier for Cyber Essentials etc.

Moderators: ChrisSami