DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 166 – Persevere or send back?

• devonkev
  • Topic Author
More
16 Feb 2022 11:15 #1 by devonkev
Vigor 166 – Persevere or send back? was created by devonkev
I purchased the Vigor 166 as I knew it would allow mini jumbo frames.

Upon connection I immediately lost 10Mb on the download compared to the previous Fritzbox. I tried the different modem codes, both synced at the same rate.

Instability has also increased; however the error rates were not increasing. This was really confusing, however I trusted the output was correct, after all the product has been out for over a year and I had the latest firmware.

I went from a 40Mb sync to 30Mb, then with the added instability we are down to 25Mb.

Suffice to say the Fritzbox is now back in place. Is it worth contacting support? Given this product has been out for a year, surely, they’ve had enough time to sort out any obvious issues?

Who has a product released for over a year with the stats misreporting?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2022 14:13 #2 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: Vigor 166 – Persevere or send back?
It's entirely up to you what you'll do, of course.

I'm using my Fritzbox now and enjoying a more stable connection, while my Draytek 2762 is being advertised on Facebook/Gumtree, waiting to be sold. Really disappointing as my previous 2820 and 2830 were both rock solid.

Draytek support has been patchy recently (as reported on this forum and from my own experience of dealing with a couple support workers over a couple of cases), so prepare you may not receive a response within a couple of days but weeks, if at all.

Complaining higher up makes no difference. I had a call scheduled by a Draytek manager, but didn't hear from him at the time. When I wrote to him a few days later, asking for an explanation and if he was still to phone me, I was told he had to travel to NI on business and that was the reason he couldn't phone me when he said he would. I didn't hear from him afterwards at all, so that was a tipping point for me.

However, remember that a number of users on here are enjoying a stable connection using the 166 and others, too.

• devonkev
  • Topic Author
More
18 Feb 2022 11:51 #3 by devonkev
Replied by devonkev on topic Re: Vigor 166 – Persevere or send back?
Thanks for the reply.

We've decided to send it back.

Moderators: ChrisSami