DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

I am facing Trouble with Unstable DSL Connection on Vigor Router

• bjonson974
  • Topic Author
More
27 Aug 2024 12:24 #1 by bjonson974
Hello guys!

I am having some trouble with my DSL connection using a DrayTek Vigor router, and I'm hoping someone here might have some advice. The connection tends to drop frequently throughout the day, which is becoming quite frustrating. I have checked the line stats through the router's interface, and the SNR margin seems to fluctuate a lot especially during peak hours. I have tried a few things like changing the DSL mode and adjusting the MTU but the issue persists.

I also check this:  https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-troubleshoot-r servicenow eboot  But I have not found any solution. Could anyone guide me about this? and has anyone else experienced similar issues with their Vigor router? Are there any specific settings or tweaks that I should try to stabilize the connection? 
I hope this will help you!

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2024 12:22 #2 by pharcyder
Its a long shot but I don't suppose you're using Ethernet over Powerline adaptors are you?

More
14 Sep 2024 08:02 #3 by edinburgh
Fluctuating SNR suggests either noise on the line (REIN or SHINE) or a fault. Powerline adapters can cause SNR fluctuation, too.

Moderators: ChrisSami