DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Why is my LAN Speed so slow?

• tgold
  • Topic Author
More
08 Mar 2022 05:53 #1 by tgold
Why is my LAN Speed so slow? was created by tgold
I just upgraded my Internet service from 100Mbps to 1Gbps but I am not seeing any improvement in LAN speeds. What am I doing wrong?

My new fast Internet arrives via Ethernet. When I plug the WAN cable directly into my notebook I see Speedtest results or around 940Mbps both up and down. But When I plug the WAN cable into my Vigor 2920 the LAN speeds are less than 100Mbps. Both the WAN connector and LAN connector are indicating that the router recognizes physical 1000Mbps connections. I am using the WAN2(Giga) port for this high speed service and I have a slower service connected to the WAN1 port only for failover. The MTU is set to 1340 but I don't recall when or why I chose that.I just tried changing it back to the 2920 default of 1442 but there was no change in the LAN speed.

I have very humble feature and configuration needs, just dual WAN for failover redundancy and the built-in VPN server for remote access. I don't use any of the router's security features and complicated LAN configuration functions and options which are all wasted on me.

Any ideas? Any tests I might try to figure this out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tgold
  • Topic Author
More
08 Mar 2022 12:49 #2 by tgold
Replied by tgold on topic Re: Why is my LAN Speed so slow?
I believe I posted this in the wrong forum. Whoops! This question has now been asked in "Routers & Firewalls".

More
30 Apr 2022 03:09 #3 by kelfaur
Replied by kelfaur on topic Re: Why is my LAN Speed so slow?
The max NAT throughput of the 2920 seems to be 150Mbps from what I can find in the specs online. You'd need to upgrade to a newer model.

• tgold
  • Topic Author
More
30 Apr 2022 03:30 #4 by tgold
Replied by tgold on topic Re: Why is my LAN Speed so slow?
Thanks and you're quite right. My new 2927 solved the problem.

Moderators: ChrisSami