Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2865ax

• Jupact583
  • Topic Author
More
08 Sep 2024 13:31 #1 by Jupact583
Vigor2865ax was created by Jupact583
Hi Everyone

Purchased yesterday and was hoping it would be plug and play to replace the old router in my property but i'm getting no internet connection at all.  Soon as I plug the old router in it works fine.  Sorry i'm not technical at all but I know I had to buy a router with a DSL port as it's only FTTC right now to the openreach box on the wall.   Any guidance would be much appreciated as the kids are driving me mad with no connectivity.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2024 17:35 #2 by HodgesanDY
Replied by HodgesanDY on topic Vigor2865ax
Hi Jupact583,

For ease of reply, see this straight forward explanation:

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-btfttc-openreachmodem

This should get you up and running quickly enough.

Hope that helps…
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jupact583

More
08 Sep 2024 17:39 - 08 Sep 2024 17:42 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Vigor2865ax
You don't give us much to go on but to start who is your ISP? From there you can (if you don't have them already) Google their connection details and follow the guidance in your 2865 manual for that type of connection under WAN - General Setup and WAN - Internet Access. Typically you'll be looking at a PPPoE connection with Username and Password (as supplied by your ISP) but your circumstances may differ.

Edit - I see HodgesanDY beat me to it but I had assumed you were using the modem in the 2865 rather than the Openreach modem. 
Last edit: 08 Sep 2024 17:42 by piste basher.

• Jupact583
  • Topic Author
More
08 Sep 2024 18:43 - 08 Sep 2024 18:44 #4 by Jupact583
Replied by Jupact583 on topic Vigor2865ax
Sorry I’m not sure what info needs to be shared for support but I appreciate the response. It’s a very old o2 broadband FTTC line supplied with a Technicolor router. I’ve stupidly made matters worse by resetting the router and I’ve now lost complete acccess to the internet. It’s defo a PPPoe connection. When it worked the username was 3219325@o2broadband.co.uk when it reset it’s now install@o2broadband.co.uk and the password isn’t showing on either option. I can’t call the ISP as I don’t have with auth the landlord is out the country as well. I’m not sure if there is anything I can do but literally won’t have any access for the kids 😔
Last edit: 08 Sep 2024 18:44 by Jupact583.

More
08 Sep 2024 20:26 - 08 Sep 2024 20:29 #5 by HodgesanDY
Replied by HodgesanDY on topic Vigor2865ax
Oh dear…

You may have to wait until you can contact the support team and get the correct details for your modem, you might also need to blag it, owner-wise, if you explain the situation.

In the mean time, there are a couple of bits of information on the internet.

1) the default setting ‘install@o2broadband.co.uk’ apparently uses the password ‘install’, so that might be worth a try…

2) There is an explanation for a Vigor 2860 connection to o2 Fibre Business FTTC, which might be very close to the settings you may also require here : https://www.rectanglered.com/o2-business-broadband-non-standard-routers/
Last edit: 08 Sep 2024 20:29 by HodgesanDY.

Moderators: ChrisSami