DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPPBX 2820 incomming call gets number unobtainable tone

• rotundgentleman
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jun 2010 11:27 #1 by rotundgentleman
Installed one of these a few weeks ago.

Quickly noticed that with a hunt group set up to answer incoming calls it would work fine to start with, then after a while it would not ring the phones in the hunt group, though the caller heard a ringing tone.

Not enough time to fathom that out, so set it to just ring one phone. That was working for several weeks.

For some reason that now doesn't work. Ring in and you will hear a short burst of ringing tone followed by a number unobtainable tone. The phones connected to the thing don't ring at all. Change the extension that the incoming line rings and that will work for a while, then the same symptoms.

This morning it stopped even doing that. Dial in or use VOIP and it does the same thing all the time, short burst of ringing tone followed by unobtainable tone. That is not good on a number written on the outside of the building in large letters and on stationary and web site. I have had to divert incoming calls to an analogue line at Draytel if the number is unobtainable, so that we can at least get incoming calls.

I have checked the settings on the IPPBX and Draytel and nothing is untoward that I can see.

I downloaded the latest firmware from the web site and installed it, which it said it had done. However, the number of the firmware after I had done this was the same as that before I did it

Firmware Version : 3.5.4_232201
Build Date/Time : Jan 18 2010 18:24:39

As it seems to have got worse I suspect a hardware fault, is there a way of testing the hardware thoroughly?

Nothing to do with analogue lines on the thing, nothing is plugged into them.

I have read many forum messages before posting but could not find anything on this. It seems to be an excellent product if it actually worked and was stable. I too would like the analogue lines properly incorporated into the router, though it is clear from the Draytek web site that this is not available at the moment and I was not misled about this as some others claim.

I have installed several Draytek routers and every one of them has been extremely stable and reliable. Some things are a little cranky to set up, but that's life and similar problems can be found in competitor products costing a fortune. I installed the IPPBX following my experience of Draytek routers and expected it to be the same, but I am beginning to be disappointed.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rotundgentleman
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jun 2010 19:54 #2 by rotundgentleman
Replied by rotundgentleman on topic IPPBX 2820 incomming call gets number unobtainable tone
No answer after a week.

Conclusion - Draytek have dumped a piece of junk on the market and refuse to help people with their product.

More
26 Jun 2010 14:02 #3 by asimm.it
Hi rotundgentleman,

When you upgraded the firmware did you use the .rst or .all file?

The DrayTek IP PBX helpline (technical support) number is 0845 557 0279. If you require urgent support then I would use this number instead of the support forum

This is for users in the UK/Ireland only for the VigorIPPBX 2820 and 3510.
Please have your PBX serial number to hand when calling.

All the best

Moderators: ChrisSami