DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 350 with a Vigor2110Vn Router ( Broadband)

• wilson
  • Topic Author
More
27 Dec 2010 18:58 #1 by wilson
Can anayone help?

I have been trying to set the vigor 350 with a Vigor2110Vn broadband router but I can not get it registered with Draytel provider. This decision to change the telephones was taken after one of Draytek distributers said that the Vigor 350 works OK with Vigor2110Vn.
My question is?. Do this Router works with Vigor350.
I have the Vigor 350 connected to one of the LAN ports. Do I need to uninstall the analogue configuration in order to register the Vigor350 and remove the POTs ?.

Help would be appreciated.

Wilson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2010 11:28 #2 by admin
It sounds like you may have misunderstood the products.

The Vigor2110Vn is a broadband router with two analogue phone ports. It is NOT an IP PBX or SIP proxy and does not provide any features/facilities to a SIP phone like the VigorPhone350, which is a SIP phone that talks to an IP PBX or SIP service (like DrayTEL) directly.

The two products will work together, with the VigorPhone connecting to the router but the phone will need to talk to a SIP service directly - the router is just providing the connectivity. Also, as the router itself provides SIP services, you may have to disable those on the router in order to pass SIP through to a phone.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Forum Administrator

• wilson
  • Topic Author
More
30 Dec 2010 10:01 #3 by wilson
Many thanks for the quick replay.
Perhaps I did not explained properly my problem.
I want to use the Vigorphone 350 with the Vigor 2110Vn router and get rid of the old analogue phones without replacing the router.

I have the managed to get the vigor 350 registered with my line provider ( Draytel ) but two issues appeared.

1) The vigor 350 does not ring
2) The handset volume is very low (Even with the settings on the telephone set to the max.

Thank you,

Wilson

More
02 Jan 2011 20:48 #4 by admin
If you don't need to use the Vigor's analogue phone ports, then you can disable SIP on the router, or change the SIP port to something other than 5065 so thgat it doesn't intercept packets you want to get to the phone. If that doesn't help, you might need to use the SIP proxy nat.draytel.org or whatever (see the DrayTEL user guide).

Forum Administrator

Moderators: ChrisSami