DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Does the voicemail work with an analogue line?

• jhsrennie
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jun 2012 20:14 #1 by jhsrennie
I'm testing a PBX2820 with an analogue phone line and an analogue phone, and I can't get the voicemail to work. I followed the instructions in http://www.draytek.com/.upload/pdffiles/f0f2613e35ef6c1936c3d4dd36fbc9cb.pdf but the phone just keeps ringing, although the ring seems to stop for a moment at the time the voicemail is supposed to cut in.

i see from searching the forum that lots of people use voicemail, but that seems to be mostly with SIP phones. Does the voicemail work with an all analogue setup, and if so can anyone suggest how I can track down what I've done wrong?

The PBX2820 firmware is 3.5.7.1_2471201

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jhsrennie
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jun 2012 07:39 #2 by jhsrennie
Ok, it looks as if voicemail doesn't work with the analogue extension. It's working fine for SIP phones, but doesn't work on extension 901.

Draytek, if you're listening, it's not a problem because most people will only use the analogue line for a fax, but you have to document this sort of thing. Given that my directors are already saying they don't think Draytek's quality control is good enough to recommend to our customers, this isn't going to fill them with confidence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami