DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 IPPX NOT using router???

• netwiz
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jul 2016 17:53 #1 by netwiz
2820 IPPX NOT using router??? was created by netwiz
We've a client with an existing Virgin cable connection running at 150Mb and a Cisco router onto the LAN.

Can you configure the 2820 as a LAN device (ie disable the router) and use the Cisco as the default gateway??

I've tried a few options but can't get this to work! I can add a default static route from the CLI but that doesn't seem work.......

Any suggestions welcome!

Netwiz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2016 14:46 #2 by workaid
Replied by workaid on topic Re: 2820 IPPX NOT using router???
I have my IPPBX 2820 working into another router then to a fibre connection. Instead of a Cisco switch, my other router is a Checkpoint Firewall (giving me double firewall protection after experiencing repeated DOS attacks which freeze the IPPBX but not the Checkpoint firewall). On General Setup I have WAN2 set to Ethernet and auto negotiation. On Internet Access/WAN2 I have PPPoE disabled and Static or Dynamic IP enabled. On the later config page I have the WAN IP Network settings set to a fixed IP address, subnet mask and Gatway IP Address (all being the router port connected to the IPPBX). I have also set my DNS settings to the firewall device, but that obviously depends where your DNS is located.
I hope that helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami