DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

HTTPS timeouts with online banking

More
03 Aug 2010 14:23 #7 by techservicesguy
Replied by techservicesguy on topic Not connecting to Banking (or secure) websites
Thanks for the base information within this thread.

I have a similar issue. I have a Draytec 2820VN device. It has only one external IP address assigned to it by my ISP and it is assigned by default into the WAS alias list (only one external ip address) that is by default part of the wan ip pool; with NAT running on the internal network. I am finding general internet access works well, but when I attempt to get onto a secure website - there is a timeout and it does not access these sites at all. The main sites that I have issues with are banking sites.

I have been informed that I need to disable ip address pooling entirely on the Draytec to solve this issue. Been scouring the net for the how to - but to date have had no luck.

I was hoping that someone could provide me with instructions on how to disable ip address pooling on the wan alias list - or alternatively - provide me with a 'quick workaround' that would not require major reconfiguration of the device. (No harm in asking on the workaround...)

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami