DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2930 on an SBS 2003 server - remote access problems

• raypinkerton
  • Topic Author
More
17 Oct 2008 11:05 #1 by raypinkerton
Hi Everyone,

I have a client with a Windows 2003 Small Business Server, Premium edition (with ISA 2004). They had a single, very slow, multi IP ADSL connection with a special email feed which had to remain unaltered.

I have added a multi IP BeThere ADSL2+ service and a 2930 to load balance with their existing ADSL service. I’ve configured the Bethere router in bridged mode and connected routers both to the WAN ports of the 2930 and used one of the available IPs from each service.

Internet surfing is much faster now, the only problem I found was having to configure a load balancing rule to always send outgoing email thru Wan1 as the outgoing SMTP server checks source IP for validation.

My client’s server is multi-homed, i.e. it has two network cards, one NIC is connected to their internal network and the other is now connected to the LAN side of the 2930.

I’ve altered the standard management port on the Draytek to be 8088 and turned off the HTTPS management page. I’ve setup port forwarding for all the ports required by SBS Remote Access, 25, 80, 443, 444, 500, 1723, 4125 & 4500 on one spare IP from each broadband connection.

Having done all this when I access the server remotely I get the first page of the Small Business Server remote access on port 80 from each IP but remote access times out when trying to move to the login screen on HTTPS.

Everything works fine on the server, I’ve also connected a laptop to the LAN port of the 2930 and gave it an address in the DMZ and that works fine also so the problem does not seem to be the server. The problem seems to be in the HTTPS port forwarding of the 2930.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Cheers

Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2010 13:24 #2 by juleswilko
try :
Go in to VPN and Remote Access,
Go to Remote Access Control

Untick / disable SSL VPN Service.

Reboot
sorted

:-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami