DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Has anyone tried a 2800g with BT 21CN/WBC ADSL2+ ?

More
30 Jul 2010 10:58 #7 by robdraytek
Thanks for the info Voodle. It now seems I could have continued using my old 2800VG with acceptable results without needing to go to the expense of the 2820Vn !

I'm a bit disappointed that the 2800VG is just gathering dust in Australia as I sent it with the intention of allowing its recipient to (easily) enable multiple VoIP accounts (in addition to his ISP provided one which he insists on using, and which is expensive compared to some European ones) so that we could make free SIP calls from either end, which we do with other family members over there.

Rob

DrayTek Vigor2820Vn using Firmware 3.3.4.1_232201

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2010 11:47 #8 by mreco
i was recommended to switch the modulation to
ADSL2+ Auto (G.992.5)
Which is what i initially did 2 weeks ago, made no difference.

Today ive switched the modulation to G.DTM just to see if that is more stable)

BT have checked the line again and say theres been no drops in connection, i guess this is ADSL connection, as my router WAN definately has dropped about 10 times this morning, (as it does most days since BT regraded my line to ADSL2+

Interesting side note
My house and my office are in two different locations, both connected to the same exchange, both approx 1.3Km to the exchange.
My house i can get 15Meg connection, my office i can only get 3Meg if im lucky. Work is with BT , home is with BeThere. Go figure

Anyone any ideas or help?

Thanks

More
30 Jul 2010 14:41 #9 by mreco
so far 5 hrs stable back on the G.DTM modulation
Loop att was on 29.5 but with this modulation its on 30.5 and zero corrected blocks

More
30 Jul 2010 16:30 #10 by mynameishenry
Replied by mynameishenry on topic Has anyone tried a 2800g with BT 21CN/WBC ADSL2+ ?
robdraytek pointed me to this thread having contributed to one I started earlier this year and has reminded me a) to keep checking back in the forum as there may be experiences I can learn from and b) that beta firmware exists that may let me use me preferred 2800 again and c) that I may be able to help others get what they want from their Draytek hardware. I'll upgrade the FW today and pass on the results as I have them.

The Thomson I am running as a result of rubbish stabilty/quality on my 2800 is irritatingly stable whilst weak in functionality.

Give me a day or so....

BTW, G.992.3 modulation was always the more stable of the options available at the time.

More
30 Jul 2010 16:55 #11 by mreco
thanks henry.

Changing my modulation down to G.DTM isnt ideal (i imagine) i guess it must be limiting my connection a bit.
But in a work environment stability rules.

Ive been recommended to try these two firmwares by support.
E.67.02.52.zip
E.67.02.55.zip

When i do i will update here too.

More
30 Jul 2010 16:57 #12 by mynameishenry
Replied by mynameishenry on topic Has anyone tried a 2800g with BT 21CN/WBC ADSL2+ ?
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14023

Moderators: ChrisSami