DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DHCP server be VLAN aware (2820)

• mikeytt
  • Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2009 19:04 #1 by mikeytt
DHCP server be VLAN aware (2820) was created by mikeytt
I would love to see the ability to turn off the DHCP server for certain VLANs.

I have a home LAN that I need a DHCP server for, but I also have a couple of virtual environments that I use for product testing, which have their own DHCP server. Currently I have RRAS running with twin virtual NICs in the server.

I would like to be able to pick and choose which VLAN the Draytek DHCP server is active on. My virtual machine server isn't always on, so I can't just create another VM shell with DHCP on.

Ideally if it were able to issue different DHCP scopes per VLAN that would be the cherry, on the proverbial cake.

It's a small gripe really on what's an excellent router.

Mike...

Draytek Vigor 2820Vn
Firmware: 3.3.2.1_211801_A
Pipex Business (8Mb - Getting 3 - 3.5Mb)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2009 04:37 #2 by louis-m
Replied by louis-m on topic DHCP server be VLAN aware (2820)
thats a must in my eyes along with egress/ingress filtering eg vlan1 > internet only (dhcp) , vlan2 > ipsec tunnel 1 & internet (no dhcp), vlan 3 > ipsec tunnel 2 only (no dhcp)

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

More
08 May 2009 09:24 #3 by coderus
Replied by coderus on topic DHCP server be VLAN aware (2820)
Totally agree here as VLAN setup within the 2820 is the only area which is very basic and I don't seem to have much control at all and I would have like to have more setup capabilities here, as in SME market VLAN's are handy for controlling security. ( I appreciate VLAN's take some time to setup and get your head around but are very handy).

I would also liked to have seen time control on VLAN's so that VLAN is only active between period, so I can shut down access via this route.

Also while VLAN per a port seem straight forward, better would be give the advance options or even telnet access like on Cisco kit to setup these more advanced routing capabilities.

Thanks

More
18 May 2009 14:44 #4 by andy666
Replied by andy666 on topic DHCP server be VLAN aware (2820)
I also agree.

It would be good if they could also identify which SSID/Vlan a DHCP address is assigned to in the "DHCP table"

Moderators: ChrisSami