DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Full DHCP Options, TFTP Server and DNS Server

More
26 Feb 2010 09:41 #60804 by coderus
Replied by coderus on topic Full DHCP Options, TFTP Server and DNS Server
I agree, this would be useful - although an advance feature as most user's won't know what all the DHCP options are - but Yes in my books, as I periodically need this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2010 22:39 #61033 by bullers
Replied by bullers on topic Full DHCP Options, TFTP Server and DNS Server
Yes I need this too! Trying to use pxelinux now need to abandon dhcp from draytek because I need it straight away.

More
14 Nov 2010 16:46 #64865 by vtivti
Me too please.

More
14 Jul 2011 18:51 #68599 by adrianlewis
Replied by adrianlewis on topic Re: Full DHCP Options, TFTP Server and DNS Server
Big vote for custom DHCP options - Really need it for IP phones. Some might say that you should use a proper server for these kind of features but when you're in retail or hospitality you don't want a server in each of the 500 stores around the country. Only option available at the moment (AFAIK) is using DHCP relay to a head office DHCP server. Not tested it with IPSec VPN yet but looks like the only way for use on an MPLS network.

More
14 Jul 2011 22:52 #68602 by longwilli
Yes i too really need this as my voip phones need a tftp server. Is there any way i can achieve this on the router?

More
15 Jul 2011 18:41 #68617 by voodle
For TFTP you can, but it doesn't support many more options than that; the command in telnet is "srv dhcp tftp 192.168.182.71" for instance

Moderators: Sami