DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Sync Speeds 2820n

More
27 May 2009 15:12 #7 by bluetba
Replied by bluetba on topic Sync Speeds 2820n
You are not alone, My 2820N will sync at 3.2mb on ADSL2+ but my netgear will sync at 6.2mb.

I am waiting for the next firmware release before shouting too much.

At the moment I have a very expensive Wireless access point/DHCP server (the Draytek 2820n)

Something I have noticed is that if you are rebooting your router you will get the best sync speed in the morning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2009 12:24 #8 by olejnik_uk
Replied by olejnik_uk on topic Sync Speeds 2820n
Read your posts and I had the same problem a couple of months ago when I changed over to O2 broadband. My Draytek 2820Vn sync'd over a meg less than the O2 Wireless Box II.

I have since played around with the O2 Wirless box so that it is running in 'Bridged' mode and then plugged into my Wan 2 port of the 2820.

I get the sync speed I want and at the same time get to run and managed it all from the 2820.

There are plenty of posts through a google search on hacking the O2 box so it runs in bridge mode. Otherwise, would recommend buying a stand alone modem that has good sync speeds like a Netgear.........

At present, my O2 box sync's at 18.4 down and 1.3 up. Using the 2820 modem, the D/L sync is 16.8.

Point to note as well and as I found out the hard way, when I was testing different modems, then configuring the O2 box, this obviously dropped my connection a handful of times. This as a consequence raised an alarm with O2 that there is a fault on the line and my speed was reduced.

Once I had configured everything and both 2820 and O2 box were talking to each other and an internet connection was established, I rang up O2 and got them to reset the SNR Margin. My speed was back to normal within a matter of seconds.....

Hope this helps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami