DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n Firmware - New Release Immenent?

More
21 May 2009 18:55 #7 by reado
Replied by reado on topic 2820n Firmware - New Release Immenent?
Do it, get the 2820n! You won't be disappointed! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ryster
  • Topic Author
More
21 May 2009 21:55 #8 by ryster
Replied by ryster on topic 2820n Firmware - New Release Immenent?
Ordered from Broadbandbuyer.co.uk :) Coming by Royal Mail Special Delivery, hopefully tomorrow :lol:

One thing's for sure, it can't be any worse than my Linksys WAG160N that I have right now. That thing is the worst pile of poo I've ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. I'm going out of my way to leave 0 and 1 star reviews everywhere I can. If you know anyone contemplating the WAG160N, please for the love of God stop them!

More
22 May 2009 02:11 #9 by topboy
Replied by topboy on topic 2820n Firmware - New Release Immenent?

Ryster wrote: Ordered from Broadbandbuyer.co.uk :) Coming by Royal Mail Special Delivery, hopefully tomorrow :lol:

One thing's for sure, it can't be any worse than my Linksys WAG160N that I have right now. That thing is the worst pile of poo I've ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. I'm going out of my way to leave 0 and 1 star reviews everywhere I can. If you know anyone contemplating the WAG160N, please for the love of God stop them!

I agree with you about the WAG160N.....Total waste of time and energy. It's a pile of pants this router

More
23 May 2009 12:19 #10 by eric.jansen
Replied by eric.jansen on topic 2820n Firmware - New Release Immenent?

Reado wrote: I queried DrayTek yesterday by email using the email form, got a response today. They sent me their new firmware which they told me is in testing at the moment, due to be released soon.

The version is 3.3.1 and it even has a different ADSL modem version.

The results I'm seeing right now are amazing! I have gone from 9.9Mbps down and 1.0Mbit up (on Be Pro) to 12.7Mbit down and 1.29Mbit up.

The SNR problem I had where it was never 3, is now 3dB! Before the flash it was 8dB.

According to DrayTek the firmware fixes WLAN issues too.

So yes, a release is due VERY soon!

Here's the email I received from DrayTek. Enjoy! :-)

Code:
Hello David, There is a later firmware available for the router with updated ADSL modem code which should help with your connection speed and SNR problems. The firmware that I'm sending you is soon meant to be a final release but is currently being tested and should be released soon. Regards, David

...and...

Code:
Hello David, Unfortunately because it is not yet a formal release there is no changelog for it, however it is known to fix wireless connectivity issues and that particular version has updated ADSL modem firmware which has worked better than the previous version in testing. Regards, David

By the way other changes I've noticed is the Online Status screen. Instead of calling it Uncorrected Blocks, they've renamed it to CRC Errors and what not.

Current Status of Router:

Model Name : Vigor2820 series
Firmware Version : 3.3.1_232201
Build Date/Time : Mar 10 2009 14:29:56
ADSL Firmware Version : 232201_A Annex A

If you want the firmware early, I'd suggest contacting them via the website. I told them I had SNR and speed issues, but thanks to the firmware, that's all fixed now! :D

Here's the form: http://support.draytek.co.uk/techquery.html [/url]

Reado, would it be possible for you to share this firmware, or to send me a copy please?

• ryster
  • Topic Author
More
23 May 2009 13:45 #11 by ryster
Replied by ryster on topic 2820n Firmware - New Release Immenent?
I dunno if I'm reading this correectly, but I think my SNR is 17! I'm guessing that isn't good. Do you think I need this newer firmware? I'm not getting bad speeds or anything, but if I can improve it closer to the 8mb I'll be happy. Heres the firmware details I'm currently running and the status page, along with a speedtest I just ran.

Model Name : Vigor2820 series
Firmware Version : 3.3.1_RC9b
Build Date/Time : Jan 23 2009 14:46:15
ADSL Firmware Version : 211801_A Annex A

More
23 May 2009 13:53 #12 by louis-m
Replied by louis-m on topic 2820n Firmware - New Release Immenent?
ryster.... your stats are very good on adsl. you are getting the full upload and download possible and are obviously close to an exchange.
no need for you to worry.

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

Moderators: ChrisSami