DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Can I use more than one Web Content Filter Profile?

• m0thr4
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jun 2009 14:10 #1 by m0thr4
I'm a bit confused by the CSM section (Vigor 2820n). I can set up a bunch of different profiles for filtering, but in the Firewall->General Setup section, I'm only allowed to choose one of each type, IM/P2P, URL and Web.

Is this how it is supposed to work? What's the point of having different profiles if you can only use one at a time... or am I missing the point?

:?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2009 14:41 #2 by rolandrat
Yes you can use more than one.
The bit you refer to is the default, to use others you have to setup a new filters and select the different profile in that.
The way I have it is I have a web content filter default which basically blocks lots of nasty things, this filter is used by a new PC joining the network or any guest joiners. I have also setup a few filters that use different profiles depending who in the family is using the PC (have to assume here that each member uses their own pc, which they do, and that you have fixed IP's on each by Bind IP to MAC), this way younger kids can be limited greater than the older ones.
For example one of my cousins came up this weekend with their laptop I signed them onto my wireless lan, but didnt setup a IP object for them etc, so they just fell into the default profile and therefore I knew they wern't surfing dodgy stuff, not forgetting of course the most important web content to block is proxy website, as the little swines are clever!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami