• douger9999
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
04 Jun 2009 11:47 #1 by douger9999
2 routers on a LAN was created by douger9999
Hello,

I have a 2820 Vn, which I have set up VPN to dial into my home and connect to my home network.

I am using homeplugs made by vesenet, which provide networking over home power lines.

I want to use WOL on the network at home, to wake a PC there. Unfortunately WOL is not supported by the homeplugs, and there is no way to plug the pc concerned into the draytek in it's current location.

What I want to know from you guys is if there is a way to use a different router as my main router (I have a Linksys WAG160n) and use the draytek connected either via LAN or WAN2 as a VPN server, and plug the machine I want to WOL directly into the draytek.

What I have at the moment, which is not ideal is the Linksys as the main router, with some clients connected to it's 192.168.1.X IP range with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. One of these clients is the Draytek 2820vn, with the ip address 192.168.1.2. The Lan side of the Draytek has created the network 192.168.2.1, SNM 255.255.255.0.

I am able (or at least I was until I stayed up until silly o'clock fiddling last night and broke it) to connect on the WAN port of the Linksys using my public IP with a VPN - pass that through the linksys to the draytek, and log onto the 192.168.2.1 network. From there I am able to either telnet into the draytek or use the web interface and wake my PC using WOL.

Once the PC is awake, what I am unable to do however is access the 192.168.1.1 range (the linksys' network). The other thing I am unable to do is access the 192.168.2.1 network from the 192.168.1.1 network.

Can I solve this by changing the subnets to 255.255.0.0?
Do I need static routes configured?

or... Should I configure the Draytek in bridged mode?

Any ideas, or walkthroughs greatfully received - I don't want to stay up that late again fiddling with routers.

Many thanks

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami