DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

URL Filtering by time schedule

More
18 Jun 2009 00:40 #1 by raz
URL Filtering by time schedule was created by raz
Hi

hope you can help, i have Vigor 2820. i have set up url filtering for specific sites however at certain times of the day we all full internet access. is there any way of automatically implementing this thru time schedule.

say filter on all day every day but need full access between 5pm -10pm every day then at 10pm filter goes back on?

i need to implement this asap and i am sure there is a way

Cheers
Raz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2009 09:52 #2 by wobbs1676
Replied by wobbs1676 on topic I'm also struggling
Hi raz - if you look under Applications>Schedule this will allow you to setup time profiles. You should then be able to use that time profile in a filter rule within the firewall.

However I'm having all sorts of problems implimenting this correctly, the url filtering does not seem to work the way it should alongside the time schedules I just can't understand this url filtering at all.

If you get it working can you post back with a detailed desc of what you did?

Cheers

WOBBS1676

More
19 Jun 2009 07:14 #3 by middling
Replied by middling on topic Re: I'm also struggling

wobbs1676 wrote: However I'm having all sorts of problems implimenting this correctly, the url filtering does not seem to work the way it should alongside the time schedules I just can't understand this url filtering at all.

It's not your fault, the filtering doesn't work correctly in the current firmware and hasn't for at least several revisions (possibly since the router was released).

More
19 Jun 2009 10:16 #4 by raz
Replied by raz on topic URL Filtering by time schedule
thanks

i have just upgraded the f/w to v2820_v03312_232201_A but still cant get it to work....the new firewall and CSM took me ages to get it to work, why do they need to make it complicated....A call to SEG/Draytek may be the order of the day. I'll let you know how i get on

Moderators: ChrisSami