DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Easy monitoring/graphing of Connection Speed and S/n Ratio

• jnewgas
  • Topic Author
More
13 Aug 2009 09:55 #57203 by jnewgas
When starting a new ADSL2 Connection or if there are problems, it is nice to be able to record and graph the Connectuions Speed and S/N ration as this can identify problems such as line noise.

RouterStates-Lite is a freeware app from http://www.vwlowen.co.uk which works straight off with Vigor 2600 and 2800 series routers.

The full version of RouterStats is also free and has a configuration file for 2600 series routers, but there is not one yet for 2800 series.

Haven't really got the time to do it myself, but it is worth the work.

Regards

John N.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2011 19:09 #68018 by iamq-yesiam
MRTG and a GUI like Routers2CGI is also a easy way to do it, and it leaves the data in a nice open form that will slot into an existing management/monitoring setup.

More
25 Oct 2011 20:06 #69808 by vladimir harkonnen
Replied by vladimir harkonnen on topic Re: Easy monitoring/graphing of Connection Speed and S/n Rat

jnewgas wrote: When starting a new ADSL2 Connection or if there are problems, it is nice to be able to record and graph the Connectuions Speed and S/N ration as this can identify problems such as line noise.

RouterStates-Lite is a freeware app from http://www.vwlowen.co.uk which works straight off with Vigor 2600 and 2800 series routers.

The full version of RouterStats is also free and has a configuration file for 2600 series routers, but there is not one yet for 2800 series.

Haven't really got the time to do it myself, but it is worth the work.

Regards

John N.

Does not work for me on my 2820n. I set it up as per the instructions but all I get is straight lines in both real time windows.

More
26 Feb 2012 20:31 #71379 by jonp73
Cant get this to work on my 2850n either

More
27 Dec 2012 13:36 #74620 by iamq-yesiam
You would need to look at the raw snmp data and see where the error lies.

Its either the counters are not counting, you may have the wrong interface(s) or an incorrect config on your monitoring platform.

Moderators: Sami