Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820vn stopped working

• gycuk1
  • Topic Author
More
15 Aug 2009 20:46 #1 by gycuk1
2820vn stopped working was created by gycuk1
Hiya,

I am new too the forum but had a 2820vn for about 1 year now. All was well until the other day. I went to go onto the internet the router was really slow and pages not being displayed. I switched it off for 5mins, then plugged it back in.

Now all i get is it fires up, and Act, Usb & Csm lights flashing together. I have tired resetting it etc. The firmware upgrade program, just times out. However i can ping the router but nothing else.

I had a look on the forum nothing found, bit dispointed in the router for the money for this

regards

jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2009 00:03 #2 by galaxy60
Replied by galaxy60 on topic 2820vn stopped working
Hi I have had this before, you do need to download the firmware upgrade application and the latest firmware for your router, ensure that you turn off your firewall on the PC you are reloading the firmware with otherwise it will fail everytime, your connection must be via an ethernet cable onto the router. Enter the Router's IP address and password select your firmware file and all should be ok if it does fail give your laptop a static IP address within the the same subnet as the router and try again!!

:)

www.cctv4all.com - setup guides for CCTV engineers

• gycuk1
  • Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2009 11:59 #3 by gycuk1
Replied by gycuk1 on topic 2820vn stopped working
:D Thank you my freind. The simplest answers always have the biggest rewards. I never gave a second thought to the firewall.

Worked a treat.

Many thanks again

More
16 Aug 2009 15:30 #4 by galaxy60
Replied by galaxy60 on topic 2820vn stopped working
Anytime :)

www.cctv4all.com - setup guides for CCTV engineers

More
24 Jun 2010 10:28 #5 by gatt2
Replied by gatt2 on topic 2820vn stopped working
This was exactly my problem and exactly the right answer - I wasted hours thinking I'd set my IP wrong or the router was totally knackered - Please, Draytek Support... Add a simple comment to your FAQ that reads "Turn off you firewall before using the firmware update utility!"

Thanks Galaxy60 for the answer and gycuk1 for the question

Glen Ashton

Moderators: ChrisSami