DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710Vn - issues with DNS, VoIP, callerid ...

• eamonn100
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2009 13:33 #1 by eamonn100
Hi Guys,

I recently bit the bullet and retired my Linksys WAG354G for a shiny new 802.11n VoP router - guess which one I chose?

Having got my 2710Vn, however, I've had quite a few issues with it, even after upgrading to firmware 3.3.0. :-

DNS replies from router not re-writing the source address properly, causing long delays in name resolution on my linux box - workaround : run dnsmasq locally

VoIP on Port 1 unusable due to volume issue ( callers can't hear me, noticeable interference on call ) - workaround - none, just use port2 and forget I paid for a router with two ports.

CallerID from PSTN not being presented to my phones - workaround - none, use psychic powers to determine who's on the phone.

In addition, it would appear the incoming VPN capability referred to in the manual has been removed, as well as the QoS settings.

Sorry to sound frustrated, but I really didn't expect issues like this on a router costing £120 !

I don't suppose anybody has any workarounds/suggestions for this lot, as I'm actively considering returning this box if possible and getting something like a Fritzbox 7270, but that's another £40, which takes me up towards 2820 territory, so ...

I guess my main question is this : do you guys think these issues are likely to be resolved in a reasonable timeframe, or would I be better off getting something else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami