DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 issue (another)

More
27 Sep 2009 10:01 #1 by mtrim
Vigor 120 issue (another) was created by mtrim
Has anyone experienced difficulty with (playing) maintaining connections with Secondlife servers while using a Vigor 120 modem?

I obtained two Vigor 120's with the intention of setting up a MLPPP (bonded) link to my ISP with a Routerboard/RouterOS as the router. Trying with just one Vigor 120 connected I've experienced the disconnects mentioned in another thread and an inability to maintain a connection between the Secondlife client (my end) and Secondlife servers (theirs). Symptoms are that the client drops connections after about 90 seconds due to no pings being received from the servers. It is not a router setup issue, if I replace the Vigor 120 with an old Linksys ADSL modem then there are no problems.

Firmware tried - the original dated Feb 2009, a later version from the UK website, and v120_a4_322. All exhibit the same dropped connections with Secondlife.

Other odd (interesting?) differences between using the Vigor 120 and Linksys Modem:
(1) Ping times to the Namesco Speedtest are 40ms with the Vigor; 28ms with the Linksys
(2) RouterOS creates a default rule to change the tcp mss to 1452 for both incoming and outgoing traffic for the Linksys; but only for outgoing traffic on the Vigor. I've tried manually adding an incoming rule and varying (smaller) the mss with no effect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2009 08:41 #2 by nickk
Replied by nickk on topic Vigor 120 issue (another)
Yes! I emailed support on Friday about this. We have about 20 Vigor 100/110s which are all fine but our 8 or so 120s all show this same problem. I have tried both firmware versions sent to us to fix the disconnection issue (v120fw332201 and v120_fw343601), plus the one from i-LAN (v120_a4_RC1).

More
28 Sep 2009 21:41 #3 by mtrim
Replied by mtrim on topic Vigor 120 issue (another)
OK - I'll raise a support call as well - seems there are a few problems with the 120. Wish I'd known earlier, I spent ages assuming it was my setup of RouterOS

More
01 Oct 2009 15:59 #4 by nickk
Replied by nickk on topic Vigor 120 issue (another)
I've had a reply from Draytek. They have reproduced the problem but don't know how long it will take to fix.

More
02 Oct 2009 19:16 #5 by mtrim

They have reproduced the problem but don't know how long it will take to fix

The first step - how good are Draytek at fixing problems? Currently it seems that the Vigor 120 is not 'fit for purpose'

More
31 Oct 2009 11:52 #6 by mtrim
Update - Firmware 3.2.4 was released 29th October. I installed "v120_a4_v324” for modem code 332201. (UK Std); and there is no change for Secondlife - guess I need to wait for the next update.

Ping times have improved (25ms to Namesco; the same as my old Linksys). Connection stability I will leave to others. Returning to my Linksys for the moment.

Moderators: ChrisSami