DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 browser compatibilty

More
07 Dec 2009 20:31 #1 by ukengb
Vigor 120 browser compatibilty was created by ukengb
Anyone else had a problem with accessing the configuration pages from a Mac?

When using Safari (4.0.3) a lot of the first page is missing and Safari logs 2 errors. With continued refreshes you just get different bits not showing. Eventually there's enough to navigate to the other pages, but parts of the page are still missing or not displayed correctly or they don't work.

I did try to update the firmware, but after 20 mins it was still apparently upating so I figured nothing was really happening and stopped it. Since this caused no problem I assume that really it wasn't updating at all.

I tried FireFox and the display was better and the firmware update took place faultlessly.

So FireFox is better. Is anyone else suffering such dreadful incompatibilities with Safari?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2009 04:06 #2 by djc6
Replied by djc6 on topic Vigor 120 browser compatibilty
I am a new 2930 owner, and I came to this site to enquire about the same thing - when I go to configure the 2930 on my mac, via Firefox or Safari I get the same thing - missing parts of the page, which is particularly frustrating when the frame on the left with the menu is missing.

I also saw this post - different model, same issue:

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=13330&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=browser

Otherwise, i'm VERY happy with the 2930!! Still waiting to hear from official tech support about the issue.

More
09 Dec 2009 09:09 #3 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic Vigor 120 browser compatibilty
Thanks for that link, it's heartwarming to know I'm not alone:-)

However, it is the sort of thing that normally turns me away from a product, if the developers cannot be bothered to get something as basic as browser compatibility sorted. As someone else said it's a disgrace, it really is. If an employee of mine produced such shoddy work they wouldn't stay an employee for long.

The web server has obviously been written solely with Internet Explorer in mind. To be fair, it's not prevented me from doing what I need - FireFox being the better option. In particular, Safari totally failed to perform the firmware upgrade. It sits forever saying it's doing it, but in fact it is doing nothing. Luckily it does work on FireFox.

Altogether highly unsatisfactory. We all need to make this point direct to Draytek so they understand how they are pissing off their customers.

Moderators: ChrisSami