DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Guest Internet access 2820 + AP700

• bluefox
  • Topic Author
More
10 Dec 2009 10:11 #1 by bluefox
Guest Internet access 2820 + AP700 was created by bluefox
Does anyone know the setup procedure to allow 1 SSID to access both wired LAN and Internet and a secondary SSID for internet only (Guest)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2009 12:19 #2 by iain
Replied by iain on topic Guest Internet access 2820 + AP700
On the 2820, have a play with the LAN > VLAN settings. I believe you can isolate SSID's in there.

Hope this helps,

Iain

More
16 Feb 2010 23:09 #3 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Guest Internet access 2820 + AP700
I know the 2820 can isolate a SSID separate from other lan and wireless SSID's ( guest internet only )

But how to have the same on 4 x Draytek AP700 + 1 x Draytek 2820VSn
with Radius Server running and working on 1 AP700 and the Rest clients

More
10 Oct 2010 16:08 #4 by rayc
Replied by rayc on topic Guest Internet access 2820 + AP700
You may be interested. Here's what I wrote to Draytek support after doing 8 different tests trying to get multiple SSIDs to work on 2820vn + 3 AP700's, trying to use SSIDs on separate VLANs in order to set up separate private and guest networks:

"Problem with internet access with the following configuration: 2820vn + AP700, set up with 2 SSIDs (i.e. private and guest networks) with VLAN enabled and VLAN ID other than 0 used.

Basically, I can get internet access on both SSIDs if VLAN is disabled. When VLAN is enabled and a VLAN ID other than 0 is used, then I get internet access on the Main (first) SSID but not the second SSID."

Here's the reply that I got, which I find very unsatisfactory:

"Vigor 2820 doesn't understand tagging, so if you have setup 2nd SSID on AP-700 as tagged, the internet access on SSID 2 on AP-700 is not going to work.

You need to have a switch which does understand tagging so that you can use two SSID on AP-700 and separate them from each other."

Advertised features of the 2820 says, "Ethernet and WiFi Virtual LAN segmentation (common/distinct)" and "Multiple SSID : Create up to 4 virtual wireless LANs (independent or joined)".

An advertised feature of the AP700 says, "Up to four distinct SSIDs (for VLANs)".

I'm not a VLAN expert so can anyone tell me if Draytek's reply makes sense? To me, it's like saying when you connect up a trailer to a car, expect the brake lights feature to work, but don't expect the indicators to blink on the trailer when you turn them on in the car - even though both the car and the trailer advertise that they support indicators.

Moderators: ChrisSami