DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AFM-102 USB Analogue Modem with Vigor 2820Vn

More
31 Dec 2009 13:38 #1 by nealuk
I am trying to get 56K dial up working on a Vigor 2820Vn.

The phone line is fine - ADSL service and regular telephone calls - with microfilters in place.

I took delivery today of the AFM-102 USB modem, and can not get it to work.

I have carefully followed the limited guidance at http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_analogue_backup.html

A review I found on the internet mentioned the need for special beta firmware. I found the download "3313segRC2/Beta - Analogue Dialup Only" which allowed me to configure the modem, with 0845 number etc.

The modem hangs up a few seconds after the number is dialed, and seems to get stuck in a loop.

What should I check next? I thought about using the modem with a PC, but can't seem to find any drivers on the internet.

Thanks for any advice,

Neal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2010 09:36 #2 by nealuk
Problem solved by resetting the unit to factory defaults, switching to next closes firmware, another reset to factory defaults, back to beta 56K firmware, and it works now.

More
15 Jan 2010 16:47 #3 by andy barker
Replied by andy barker on topic AFM-102 USB Analogue Modem with Vigor 2820Vn

nealuk wrote: Problem solved by resetting the unit to factory defaults, switching to next closes firmware, another reset to factory defaults, back to beta 56K firmware, and it works now.

Thanks for that neal, i was having problems getting it to work too till i tried the same as you.

It now works fine, this is what i used:-

Reset to defaults
Load Firmware Vigor2820 V3.3.1.2 AnnexA 232201.zip
Reset to defaults
Load Beta Firmware 3313segRC2/Beta

Setup my ADSL and Dialup details restart the router and it works at long last.

More
08 Jul 2010 18:54 #4 by colum_d
Replied by colum_d on topic HELP AFM-102!
How did you get the auto dial up to work? I don;t seem to be able from stopping it dialling up continuously? :roll:

Moderators: ChrisSami