DrayTek Vigor 2820 Wish list

• yahya19777
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2010 18:05 #59878 by yahya19777
DrayTek Vigor 2820 Wish list was created by yahya19777
Dear All,

Good Days,

This this my first post in this forum with regards some important wish list, i hope DrayTek take it in their consideration as follows :

1 - Change the external design to make the ports plug from back side ( due to some diffeculity within connect cable from front side .

2 - Equipped with OLED screen in order to review the details instead of accessing WUI ( Web User Interface ) .

3 - Equipped the other ( 3 ) Lan ports to be ( Gigabit switch ) .

4 - add EWAN Ethernet port for connecting to ADSL / Cable / FTTH / VDSL device.

5 - support USB Darddisk ( external ).

6 - re-design the Web User Interface to be have unique design along supported with Animated / Flash icons and Interactive setup interface / Wizard on CD or WUI built-in.

7 - expand the Technical Information for the line such as ( Thomson Speedtouch ).

8- Make the firmwar ( opensource ) in order for developer to develop improved firmware and additional plugins.

I know the above wish list it make this device amazing and maybe it will cost DrayTek alot of expenses for Research and Development, but we all expect to start develop the device atlease step-by-step.

All the best.

Yahya

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2010 18:09 #63572 by jswift909
Replied by jswift909 on topic DrayTek Vigor 2820 Wish list
Just make sure they fix the current security problem in 2820 f/w 3.3.4

> adsl ppp
vci= 38
vpi= 0
Encap= VC_MUX(0)
Proto= PPPoA(0)
Modu= ADSL2+(8)
Dhcp_client mode(1)
Idle timeout: -1
Username= MMMMMMMMMM

For MMMMMMMM it doesn't display a username, it display my bl**dy password in plain text. I haven't been here for a while but I'm pretty sure I remember saying this was a problem and was going to be fixed.

It's not fixed in the latest. Not a big concern since you have to get in to the telnet interface to get it, but it should be fixed. :)

More
04 May 2011 23:56 #67589 by gmegson
Replied by gmegson on topic Re: DrayTek Vigor 2820 Wish list
adsl ppp username issue - 3.3.5.2 fixes the problem

username is the actual username specified in the web interface

:roll:

Moderators: Sami