DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Wan Speed of the Vigor 2130 - Features of the 2950

• planetwayne
  • Topic Author
More
28 Feb 2010 23:30 #1 by planetwayne
Hi,
is there any plans some time soon to bring out somthing as feature rich as the the 2950 but with the Wan throughput of the 2130.

TBH, the feature list of the 2130 seems quite limiting (vpn support - ssl gateways etc) - the only thing it has going for it (from what I can tell) is the higher speed throughput for Wan (800mb/s).

Theres still a gap there that needs plugging - so any news?

Thanks
Wayne.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2010 23:48 #2 by admin
I think it's primarily intended as a SoHo unit for people in Asia somewhere (Korea?) where the get silly FTTH speeds but don't need any other fancy features...

Forum Administrator

• planetwayne
  • Topic Author
More
02 Mar 2010 10:56 #3 by planetwayne
Replied by planetwayne on topic Wan Speed of the Vigor 2130 - Features of the 2950
No plans or whispers in the pipeline that would suggest there is somthing for the UK??

Saying that I'm sure I saw on draytek.co.UK that it was ideal for virgin customers! Just seems a little thin on features :-(

More
07 Mar 2010 21:04 #4 by admin
Why, do cable customers do anything other than download DVDs from bittorents and watch YouTube ? :-))

Forum Administrator

• planetwayne
  • Topic Author
More
07 Mar 2010 22:25 #5 by planetwayne
Replied by planetwayne on topic Wan Speed of the Vigor 2130 - Features of the 2950
Some may;-) but in all fairness my company has a leased line with virgin so the more speed the better for VPN access! And you can see that virgin won't be too far away from offering 100mb cable, was looking to future proof (if that's indeed feasable) for a reasonable amount of time. My current set up is with a SonicWALL (was useing a vigor but fount I was missing out on top speeds). I'm missing out on upnp though, with 3 xbox's trying to get games set up on 'live' is a real bind as it takes a waaaaay long time. So as soon as there is something with the higher speeds and some of the missing features they have a sale!

More
08 Mar 2010 14:30 #6 by admin
There will be other models in due course at the premium feature end, with even higher throughput.

Forum Administrator

Moderators: ChrisSami