DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3.3.3 - NAT loopback broken

• mikeysoft
  • Topic Author
More
01 Sep 2010 12:32 #7 by mikeysoft
Replied by mikeysoft on topic 3.3.3 - NAT loopback broken
Draytek Support - we really could do with a fix on this issue (3.3.3/3.3.4). It's been broken far too long; this is unacceptable given it was working functionality that was broken with a new release of firmware.

Thanks
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2010 18:56 #8 by gracecourt
Replied by gracecourt on topic NAT Loopback

mikeysoft wrote: After liasing with Draytek UK support, I've narrowed this down to a bug in 3.3.3 where "NAT loopback" (as I should have described it in my original post!) breaks when you enable IP routing for an IP address block.

It breaks even if you don't enable IP routing for a second subnet, which is only required if you actually want to assign those IP addresses to machines on the LAN. I have a block of 16 (obviously, only 14 usable) IP addresses, some of which are mapped using port forwarding to a Web server on the LAN that has a "Martian" Class C private address. I moved my 2820 here from another site to replace a 2800 and found that I couldn't access* those Web sites from inside the LAN any more.

It's still broken on 3.3.4.1 (3.3.4.1_232201) and I was about to try 3.3.5 but I've decided not to for the moment.

* If it helps anyone at Draytek, this isn't strictly true. I experimented because I was getting a timed-out "can't connect" on the browser, so I tried browsing via my own caching proxy inside the LAN. If I keep trying to refresh, and wait a long time, some or all of the pages get served up eventually. But it's very hit-or-miss. Just thought that this might help with the debugging!

• mikeysoft
  • Topic Author
More
23 Nov 2010 23:23 #9 by mikeysoft
Replied by mikeysoft on topic 3.3.3 - NAT loopback broken
Thanks for the reply. I'm still disgusted that something so basic has broken for so long (that used to work!) with no sign of a fix after MONTHS AND MONTHS AND MONTHS.

Moderators: ChrisSami