Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2910VG Restarting frequently

• mark_omeagher@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
20 May 2010 12:52 #1 by mark_omeagher@hotmail.com
Vigor 2910VG Restarting frequently was created by mark_omeagher@hotmail.com
Hi,

I've had this 2910 for almost 3 years now and until yesterday no problems. Yesterday it started restarting periodically, as as often as every 15 mins. We have a dedicated 1mg line that is constantly using about 75% of. The wireless is turned off. There was a 3g modem plugged into the USB port (for about 3 months, set to start if WAN1 dropped) but I removed this to see if it was the issue. After removing the 3g modem router was stable for 36 hours and I thought this was the issue but it has just restarted again now. There is an IPSEC VPN set up that is always up.

Power to the router seems stable, there is a lot of other equipment in the same comms room.

Any ideas where to start?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2010 20:05 #2 by gymratz
Replied by gymratz on topic Re: Vigor 2910VG Restarting frequently

mark_omeagher@hotmail.com wrote: Hi,

I've had this 2910 for almost 3 years now and until yesterday no problems. Yesterday it started restarting periodically, as as often as every 15 mins. We have a dedicated 1mg line that is constantly using about 75% of. The wireless is turned off. There was a 3g modem plugged into the USB port (for about 3 months, set to start if WAN1 dropped) but I removed this to see if it was the issue. After removing the 3g modem router was stable for 36 hours and I thought this was the issue but it has just restarted again now. There is an IPSEC VPN set up that is always up.

Power to the router seems stable, there is a lot of other equipment in the same comms room.

Any ideas where to start?

Cheers

Can't help specifically but I've got 2 x 2910vg running faultlessly for about 3+ years with VPN between both. the 2910 at work is fine but the one at home which is doing VOIP has been giving problems for about 4+ months now with VOIP accounts dropping and never re-registering without re-boot, and on 2 occasions while talking on VOIP the call has become broken and the router has gone down with all lights going off and the Right hand 3 lights going orange before coming back to life again almost like a partial re-boot.

I want to drop right back about 4 firmware releases as it was very stable on all counts, however it's not to be found and I must endure the daily manual re-boot and random de-registration of VOIP accounts.
Glad to see others experiencing exactly the same faults though even if it does mean a great product is now a pants !!
:cry:

More
08 Jun 2010 21:03 #3 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Vigor 2910VG Restarting frequently
try out another power supply if you've got one around, the fact that its crashing less now that its drawing less power since the 3g was removed suggests it might be power related.

Moderators: ChrisSami