DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Smartmonitor 2.1

More
13 Jul 2010 19:44 #7 by adencool
Replied by adencool on topic Smartmonitor 2.1
with a 2955 it still only monitors 30 clients, even thou i think it should do 100

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2010 15:32 #8 by sean.hennessy
Replied by sean.hennessy on topic Smartmonitor 2.1
Hi Team

I have worked through the v2.1.0 install on Windows 32 Bit and yes i can confirm it installs okay and will run and detect my 5510 - however upon the requested restart the page can no longer find the router....

Looks like a buggy bit of software/service not starting up on restart - any hints/tips?

Regards

Sean

More
06 Sep 2010 16:14 #9 by rpg
Replied by rpg on topic Smartmonitor 2.1

rolandrat wrote: ...it needs to be used with a pc with dual network cards...

Worked fine for me on XP (32bit) with dual NIC with Draytek 2820. LAN1 plugged into the "Mirror" port and LAN2 plugged into a normal port.

More
07 Sep 2010 09:40 #10 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Smartmonitor 2.1
When using smart monitor with Windows 7, I've found that you might have to start the SmartMonitor application up manually using admin rights, it can usually capture after doing that.

More
07 Sep 2010 11:06 #11 by rpg
Replied by rpg on topic Smartmonitor 2.1

sean.hennessy wrote: however upon the requested restart the page can no longer find the router....

Presumably you are using dual NIC. As long as you are have you looked at the routing table on the PC to ensure that normal traffic is going out via the normal LAN port. On mine I removed the Default Gateway on the Mirror card and also manually set that card to work at 10MB. With the other card on the normal LAN port and working at a higher speed anyway outbound traffic went via LAN2 and LAN1 just sat listening as it should do.

More
07 Sep 2010 18:58 #12 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Smartmonitor 2.1
That's how I've got it set up too, dual-NIC is needed for monitoring but the smart monitor software will get confused / authenticate on the wrong card unless you remove the Gateway IP address on the monitor NIC so the computer doesn't try to use it for net access.

Moderators: ChrisSami