DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Struggling initial setup for Vigor 120 (BT)

• quovadis0302
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jun 2010 13:44 #1 by quovadis0302
Struggling initial setup for Vigor 120 (BT) was created by quovadis0302
I checked several threads to see if there's a case like mine, but couldn't find a case exactly like mine. (Or other people are easily overcoming the steps I'm stuck in...) Ultimately, I'm trying to setup Vigor 120 + Apple Airport Extreme Base Station + Thinkpad T42 (+Mac Pro in near future). ISP is BT.

For a start, I'm trying to directly connect Vigor 120 to my Thinkpad T42. My understanding was it should be simply plug-and-play, but I have no connection to the internet. According to other threads, LED internet light has a bug issue so I don't expect it to lit up.

As other threads suggested, I tried the IP address below

, and it prompts to type in User ID and Password. I generated a User ID and Password from "New Connection Wizard" in Windows XP, but it still does not let me log into the IP address.

I tried to submit a question to DrayTek but I don't know my firmware version at the moment. I downloaded the latest firmware version but I don't know how to install this into Vigor 120 either.

Meanwhile, my BT Home Hub is working fine with ever so frequent wireless dropouts.

Can somebody steer me towards right direction? I feel quite helpless at this point. I read Mickey's Guide as well but it's not helping out much. :( :(

ISP: BT, Goal:BT+Vigor 120+Airport Extreme Base Station

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2010 11:32 #2 by jeremygerbil
Replied by jeremygerbil on topic No username/password required
If you are trying to access the 120's configuration web pages, leave the username and password fields blank, it doesn't need them by default.

To set up a connection to your ISP, you enter the username and password supplied by your ISP (I am not sure what you mean by "generated") into the XP New Connection wizard (Connect to the Internet > Set up my connection manually > Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password).

The point is that Windows supplies the ISP username and password; the 120 does not have or need this info, it is simply to convert PPPoA to PPPoE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami