Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VLAN & DMZ Setup on Vigor 3300V

• steve@svpsystems.com
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jun 2010 18:30 #1 by steve@svpsystems.com
VLAN & DMZ Setup on Vigor 3300V was created by steve@svpsystems.com
Hi guys

I've got a scenario that I need some help with, if I provide the details, hopefully one of you geniuses can suggest the most appropriate configuration. If I've got the wrong Draytek for the job, let me know that too!

The main PC LAN is on subnet 192.168.102.x
There is an IP telephone network on 192.168.202.x on which there is a server that controls the IP phones.

There is a leased line, which provides several Public IP addresses (the range of which I would prefer to keep confidential for obvious reasons)

Also, there is a Remote Teleworker server, which IP phones outside of the building connect to over the public IPs - which needs to be in a DMZ on a non-NAT configuration otherwise the voice doesn't work. This server needs to communicate freely with the IP Phone server on the 192.168.202.x network.

Finally, there is a Citrix server with a private IP which I forward the appropriate ports to from its public IP address.

So, the first WAN port I connect to the CISCO router for Internet Access.

Then I connect the Remote Teleworker server on WAN 2 and configure that port as a Routed DMZ port.

The major issue I'm having is that the Teleworker communications aren't working, and when I set up the VLAN, the whole Vigor 3300V stops communicating - so I'm definitely doing something wrong.

I got everything communicating properly except for the DMZ <-> internal Teleworker Server on my last attempt.

So if you can point me in the right direction there, that would be great - or a ground-up configuration if you have the patience would be WONDERFUL!

All the best guys, I look forward to your advice.

Many thanks

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2010 15:23 #2 by siddaniels
Replied by siddaniels on topic Resolove
Hi

Did you manage to get a solution to this as i am having the same problem.

Thanks

Siddy

• steve@svpsystems.com
  • Topic Author
More
14 Oct 2010 15:31 #3 by steve@svpsystems.com
Replied by steve@svpsystems.com on topic VLAN & DMZ Setup on Vigor 3300V
Nothing so far.

Will be having a trial run again before too long, if I get anywhere with it I'll certainly post any pearls of wisdom I happen across.

Otherwise, the forums seem terribly quiet at the moment - where have all the wizards gone???

Moderators: ChrisSami