DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WAN2 over wireless on 2820n

More
13 Jun 2010 23:32 #1 by bigh
WAN2 over wireless on 2820n was created by bigh
Has anyone connected an ADSL modem via a wireless connection to the wan2 port on a 2830N as opposed to wired LAN connections?

Any ideas appreciated.

BigH

Regards BigH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2010 14:08 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic WAN2 over wireless on 2820n
As long as it's a regular wireless bridge connected to a PPPoE modem or another router, it should work fine as it's just ethernet traffic. What sort of distance will the wireless be going?

More
14 Jun 2010 14:48 #3 by bigh
Replied by bigh on topic WAN2 over wireless on 2820n
Probably 20M max, althought there are some walls in the way!

I wanted to use the wireless side of the 2820n if possible and then bridge it to another router and run PPPoE.

One thing concerns me is how the 2820n will handle it as the WAN port looks like a dedicated point to point solution with no IP addressing. I thought of connecting the WAN port into a switch and then going over wireless to the other remote router.

I am guessing you were suggesting a dedicated wireless bridge back to back with the remote router, is that correct?

Regards BigH

Regards BigH

More
14 Jun 2010 15:27 #4 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic WAN2 over wireless on 2820n
I was thinking of a direct bridge, using AP700s or something. You would need something to go from the wireless to the WAN2 port.
If the other router can bridge PPPoE to the wireless directly, then you'd just need the one of those.

Moderators: ChrisSami