DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Turning on UPnP or NAT-PMP!?!?

• snowhawk
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jun 2010 15:32 #1 by snowhawk
Turning on UPnP or NAT-PMP!?!? was created by snowhawk
Hi, Im wanting to use the back to my mac feature but its saying my router needs to supports NAT Port Mapping Protocol (NAT-PMP) or Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)

Can someone tell me how I can turn this on?! Im guessing it can handle it but having no luck finding it

Cheers Guys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2010 19:44 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Turning on UPnP or NAT-PMP!?!?
Depends which router but for most of the recent ones, its under the Applications menu then UPNP, the first tickbox is all you need to enable for UPNP to work

More
16 Jun 2010 14:24 #3 by mpkayeuk2
Replied by mpkayeuk2 on topic Turning on UPnP or NAT-PMP!?!?
Good luck with that. I'm trying to get BTMM working with my 2820 but it simply will not. Neither will 3rd party services that are similar, like ShareTool. I've asked support just now and am waiting for a response. There are loads of posts all over the internet saying that Draytek routers simply don't support it :(

• snowhawk
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jun 2010 18:12 #4 by snowhawk
Replied by snowhawk on topic Turning on UPnP or NAT-PMP!?!?
Yeah having a nightmare with it....Let me know if you have any luck! I too will post if I have any joy

More
16 Jun 2010 21:45 #5 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Turning on UPnP or NAT-PMP!?!?
BTMM uses IPSec, disable the IPSec server on the router and BTMM should work if UPNP is enabled. That's something Apple don't include in the setup instructions too much but if you use BTMM, it sets your mac up as an IPSec client / server so needs the router's IPSec server out of the way to operate.

Moderators: ChrisSami