DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n 3.3.4 DHCP bug?

• benji
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2010 11:17 #13 by benji
Replied by benji on topic 2820n 3.3.4 DHCP bug?

Seems to be a problem with devices that come and go, rather than just regular renewals.

I second that. If I dock my work laptop (with a bound IP) it doesnt get online unless I reboot the router (is there a way to restart the DHCP server from the command line?). After that its fine - including suspend/resume for days, until I undock and use it elsewhere then come back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2010 13:11 #14 by mph
Replied by mph on topic 2820n 3.3.4 DHCP bug?
Response from support (paraphrased):

We can't re-produce your problem.

What we suspect is the firmware upgrade may have caused some
corruption on your router.

Reflash with .rst and reconfigure manually to see if that fixes problem.

---
I note a .rst will require you to be on site so that's out of the question. Strange how this firmware corruption happens to effect multiple routers in exactly the same way...

• benji
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jul 2010 18:55 #15 by benji

I went to great pains to do this - and the problem still exists. (It would be so nice if one day Draytek used "human readable" config files!!!)

So what is the best way to raise this (DHCP issue) with support these days?

More
27 Jul 2010 10:10 #16 by mph
Replied by mph on topic 2820n 3.3.4 DHCP bug?

benji wrote:

I went to great pains to do this - and the problem still exists. (It would be so nice if one day Draytek used "human readable" config files!!!)

So what is the best way to raise this (DHCP issue) with support these days?

I've redone my simplest configuration from rst, and seems to be ok, but I'm not sure I've replicated every setting exactly how it was before. There's no way I'm doing casually doing a 6hr drive and couple hours writing down the entire config and re-entering it by hand to see if it might work on the main office one though.

Fill out the form at:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery.html
You'll get an automated reply, then a real reply usually next day.

More
30 Aug 2010 20:58 #17 by jasvigor
Replied by jasvigor on topic Wireless playing up on 2820N with 3.3.4
I have a very strange fault since upgrading to 3.3.4

I can be connected wirelessly for hours and then the connection drops. I cannot then reconnect no matter how many times I reboot the PC or the Router (I also have an AP700 connected as infrastructure)

However, here is the weird bit

If I then connect to the LAN and change the channel of the wireless, it connects immediately

It then stays that way for ages until the next drop out and we play the change the channel game once again

I have am running DHCP and I have a static range which my NAS sits in and I have seen and IP conflict bit what with god only knows

Any ideas greatly appreciated

• benji
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2010 12:25 #18 by benji
I had a response from Draytek saying the DHCP/bind to MAC bug I reported had been replicated and reported to the software engineers (July 2010).

I have found another bug - starting to think 3.3.3 might be safter for now:

I have a laptop which picks up a DHCP IP - e.g. 192.168.1.20 - on its wired connection. If I then suspend the laptop, disconnect from the wired and join the wireless LAN I then get a different DHCP IP - e.g. 192.168.1.21. Thats all fine, but the bug is that I can still ping the *wired* IP address of the laptop when the cable isnt connected... As far as I can tell the Draytek now has two DHCP entries with the same device name, and its treating them as the same?

Aside from that the DHCP IPs increment each time it expires - so unlike most other DHCP servers (and Draytek routers previously) I get a new IP every few days too, coupled with the above and my original BIND to MAC bug its becoming annoying...

Admin - are there any update ETAs/beta firmware from Draytek we can try before I go back to 3.3.3 and not waste any more of my time troubleshooting and reporting bugs? :D

Moderators: ChrisSami