DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Newbie: Setting up Load balancing to bind ftp server. 2820n

• dantexx
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jul 2010 20:04 #1 by dantexx
Hi.

I have a vigor 2820n adsl2+ router. Firmware 3.3.4. I have 2 adsl lines, both with dynamic ip.

I am a total newbie to load balancing. My settings are Wan1+2 to always on and load balancing to auto weight.

I update a couple ftp servers, is it possible to bind for example ftp.draytek.com to always use only wan2?

I tried but no luck:
any
bind:wan2
source/end ip:

dest ip start/end: ftp.draytek.com
dest port start/end: 21

What i want to achieve is wan2 to handle ALL transfer of ftp.draytek.com while wan1 is free so I can connect to a second ftp server with wan1 and then use simultaneously wan1 and wan2 and dont waste bandwidth.

So far I have only managed to open a ftp session then for example upload to one server, then open a second session to a different server and then it uses wan 2 as wan1 is busy BUT if i have an upload queue at some point transfers to both servers use wan2 (with lower upload speed btw) so wan1 with higher up speed is not used, in this case scenario vigor refuses to use wan1 and keeps ftp transfer to only wan2!

I tried setting load balancing mode to according to line speed so I can tell vigor up speed is higher in wan1 and thus prioritize its usage if not busy over wan2 and even setting active on demand for wan 2 but vigor sometimes just loves to use wan2.

Thank you.
Some advice would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami