DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2710Vn - Rate Control

• neilem
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jul 2010 11:28 #1 by neilem
Vigor2710Vn - Rate Control was created by neilem
Hello, I have recently bought a new Draytek router (moving from Vigor2600i to Vigor2710Vn). However I don't see any rate control for the wired connections, only wireless. In my previous router, it had the following Rate Control in the VLAN menu.

Am I missing something, where is this option in my new router? Any help much appreciated as I can't find it :?

Worth noting, Quality of Service does not appear in the web interface under Bandwidth Management (even though it shows in the manual).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2010 19:58 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Vigor2710Vn - Rate Control
Neither rate control or selectable QoS is supported.

Forum Administrator

• neilem
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jul 2010 20:56 #3 by neilem
Replied by neilem on topic Vigor2710Vn - Rate Control

admin wrote: Neither rate control or selectable QoS is supported.

Then why even have QoS in the manual, this is very confusing when purchasing something and then finding out it isn't supported.

I can only see Rate Control featured for wireless connections, even though this is a newer model... my previous router had Rate Control but this doesn't, again, doesn't make sense to have something like that removed.

Anyway, I stumbled across Bandwidth Limit. Tried to mimic the Rate Control setup, but instead of port this is done by IP address. So I enter the internal IP of the laptop I want to cap speeds on, but for some reason this is not working. It is still up/downloading at full pace.

To be sure I was doing it correctly, I followed the details in this page . Again, still not working. Is there a problem around this feature??

• neilem
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jul 2010 23:28 #4 by neilem
Got it sorted out myself. The Bandwidth Limit section is a defect in itself. Looking at the firmware in this UK site, it contains the defect. However using the international site, you can update the firmware to a more recent version which now works. This is basic stuff , at least mirror the firmware to one location.... totally confusing and frustrating fiddling about with bit part information.

More
26 Jul 2010 12:49 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Vigor2710Vn - Rate Control
The Ethernet chipset in the V2710 doesn't support rate control so the router can't do it. User guides are here : http://www.support.draytek.co.uk/downloads.html

Forum Administrator

• neilem
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jul 2010 13:17 #6 by neilem

admin wrote: The Ethernet chipset in the V2710 doesn't support rate control so the router can't do it. User guides are here : http://www.support.draytek.co.uk/downloads.html

No offence, but did you read any of my post? Clearly Bandwidth Limit is a form of Rate Control which can be used.

Edit: After re-reading, it may come across that I was snapping out, not intentional. Just indifferent to the lack of proper support.

Moderators: ChrisSami