DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 - DUAL WAN Bridging - Can not reach public IPs on LAN

• jashergilbert
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jul 2010 15:45 #1 by jashergilbert
My colleague and I have tried unsuccessfully for a number of hours to configure the hardware to work with the following topology.

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR SUCCESSFULLY:

1) DONE - Configure WAN1 to be used with 1483 Bridged ADSL service and give WAN1 port a public static IP address in the range given by ISP.
2) DONE - Connected a Netgear router (configured in bridging mode) to consume ADSL service, then, configured WAN2 with public static IP address in the range the ISP has given.

At this point I can connect my laptop to the LAN via ethernet and obtain a 192.168.1.* address and use the internet via NATing without a problem.

WHAT I NEED TO DO:

1) I need to now connect a ethernet enabled UPS to the LAN and make it available to the outside world on a public static address in the WAN1 range.
2) Connect a NAS server to the LAN, which also has a WAN1 address. This server also issues DHCP it's own LAN.

REQUIREMENTS:

1) I need to be able to access these devices via a public static IP range - port forwarding is not an option in this case.

I have looked in to static routes and secondary IPs for the LAN but either I have not configured everything I need to on the Draytek, or this is the wrong approach.
Can you please advise.

Many Thanks,

Ash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami