DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

HELP! - Problem with 2600V and WOL - ARP cache not sticky

• smipx013
  • Topic Author
More
12 Aug 2010 17:22 #1 by smipx013
Hi All,

I have a problem with WOL for a PC behind my 2600v. This router does not have the built-in WOL commands and also does not have a MAC>IP Address translation table in the WebUI.

I have been following http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_wol.html and specifically the adding of a binding in the ARP table by using telnet and running the command: ip arp add 192.168.0.3 Address 11-11-11-11-11-11 LAN
(note MAC address is made up as I don't want to put the real one in a public forum). I have the NAT all set up just fine.

I then check the ARP table and the entry is there..... but only for about 1 minute. It then dissapears and does not seem to be permenant at all.

I can then (if I am quick) run my WOL command and the PC boots up from the WAN connected to the Vigor via a PPTP VPN tunnel.

The problem is the persistence of the ARP cache entry. I thought it was meant to be persistent. I can do a telnet each time and run the ARP command or even poissibley fined a scripted telnet agent to do it but its a real fag.

Anyone shed any light??

As an aside - does anyone know if there is a "modified" firmware for the 2600v that has the WOL command integrated? I would love to have that option.

Thanks

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami