DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Globalview questions

• prospects
  • Topic Author
More
17 Aug 2010 10:16 #1 by prospects
Globalview questions was created by prospects
We currently use the free version of OpenDNS to give some degree of web filtering and although it works reasonably well it's not perfect and we have users that can bypass it with ease. As a result of this I am looking for something a little more substantial and wonder if Globaview fits the bill.

What I must have: Frequent and swift updates, particularly of malware sites. The ability to blacklist/whitelist individual sites (So block auction sites but allow eBay) is also critical.

What I would like: Difficult to bypass (So must include known proxy servers) with some degree of customisation - blocking by different groups such as students, staff and admins for example. Reports on which sites were visited and which were allowed / blocked (Ideally by group, not worried about names of individuals). At least 50 entries in each of the blacklist/whitelist categories.

What I'm not bothered about: I don't need in-depth reporting such as user ID although I do need some reports but nothing complicated.

Is Globalview the solution for me?

Edit: We have just purchased 7 Vigor 2820 routers, this is why I am asking about Globalview - if it works as I would like then it's a perfect solution :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami