DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2710n - no port forwarding

More
17 Aug 2010 12:17 #1 by nmap
Vigor 2710n - no port forwarding was created by nmap
As per thread title there appears to be a distinct lack of port forwarding going on with a recently purchased Vigor 2710n unit.

So far I have hard reset the device, flashed the firmware after downloading it from the Draytek support site (same as the version the router shipped with) but any attempts to either configure open ports or forwarded ports for pcAnywhere or VNC access fail utterly.

Client is on a static IP address via BT Business broadband, and I have changed the default web management port to 8080 and the unit remembers and uses this setting (although it would reject ALL WAN login attempts, regardless of source and regardless of the source IP address being listed in the "Access List" when using the as-shipped firmware).

I have also been able to set up a rule to allow port 88 through to one specific machine on the LAN for HTTP login to an internally hosted booking system login page. So far so good, in that it appears to work.

I have tried NAT >> Open Ports (5631, 5632, and 5900) and when that didn't work I tried forwarding the same ports using NAT >> Port Redirection with the correct target machine on the LAN.

No good.

Running nmap -sS -O <PUBLIC IP ADDRESS> from my Linux box either doesn't list 5631, 5632, and 5900 at all, or it listed them as closed after the firmware flash, regardless of whether they were opened up using Open Ports or Port Redirection.

I can connect to the target machine from within the LAN using a VNC viewer and pcAnywhere client, so there is nothing behind the router blocking that traffic.

My concern is where my nmap probe shows that the router isn't properly opening the ports or that they are not being listened on (depending on whether I was using the as-shipped firmware or the downloaded firmware).

Something is very obviously adrift here.

Please tell me I've missed something obvious, because this is really frustrating me, my client is growing impatient and this is how I have always set up pcAnywhere for one specific machine on the LAN - I've lost count of the number of Draytek devices I have in the field and this is not what I am used to at all.

Note: VNC is only in there to prove whether or not traffic is being correctly NAT'd - I have no intention of using VNC on 5900 on a production system...

All LAN computers are on the same IP range and I have triple checked the NIC LAN settings on every machine. Trying to forward 5631, 5632, and 5900 to any other machine on the LAN has the same results, so this is not specific to one computer.

If I had any hair left I'd be tearing it out about now.

Anyone ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami