DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2800 - how to setup on new BT connection (assume ADSL 2)

• marballs
  • Topic Author
More
22 Aug 2010 10:18 #1 by marballs
Hi,
I have installed a new BT broadband in an office with BT claims speed of up to 20mb.

Intially let the line train using the supplied BT router, and then switched over to te Draytek 2800.

I hamore or less used the default settings on the Draytek other then bsci things like putting in a username and password for BT connection and setting up Lan how I wanted it.

Seemed to be working at first although the speed download was only about 7mb (and I think I was getting better on the BT router acheivng 9 according to speedtest.net).

8 hours later the router has droped out. On the status page I am seeing a cycle of TRAINING and HANDSHAKE in red and no connection. I try presing the Dial PPPOA button but no change.

What I want to confirm is should I be using different settings as I assume the BT is now using ADSL 2 because the speeds are over 8mb?

For example, should I be doing something with the:

MPoA (RFC1483/2684)
Multi-PVCs

sections of the router.

The firmware version I am using is: 2.8.2.1_B0806

Remember it was working for about 8 hours. It could be a coincidence and BT happens to have just gone down (but they are not saying this is the case), but I've had many similar problems wiht the 2800 and always end up just getting a basic netgear which normally does the job.

I appreciate any input

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami