DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 3300v dhcp on Vlan - Help!!

• wishbone
  • Topic Author
More
03 Sep 2010 11:07 #1 by wishbone
Draytek 3300v dhcp on Vlan - Help!! was created by wishbone
I have just bought a Draytek 3300v. I need to have a wireless network attached to it and clients need dhcp from the 3300. I also need a separate wired local Lan attached which should not get DHCP from the 3300 as it is assigned by a 2K8 server.

Wireless kit is Netgear pro safe (no dhcp server!)

Wireless and Wired network must not access each other and would prefer different subnet. Is this possible?

I think I would need to create port based VLans for each network but can I configure the 3300 dhcp server function or scope differently for each Vlan?

Any ideas please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2010 14:25 #2 by rpg
Replied by rpg on topic Draytek 3300v dhcp on Vlan - Help!!
Yes that is possible on the 3300 just as you want it. Have a look here - http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor3300vplus.html and look at the VLANS tab - each LAN port can be its own VLAN with its own DHCP server on different subnets. Presumably you can disable DHCP on the port that has the w2k8 server.

Also have a look at section 3.3.9 of the manual - http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/userguides/Vigor3300V%20User%20Guide%20V3.0.zip

• wishbone
  • Topic Author
More
03 Sep 2010 15:10 #3 by wishbone
Replied by wishbone on topic Draytek 3300v dhcp on Vlan - Help!!
Pheww that's a releif! I always used the zywall or Juniper range for this. The 3300 was recomended and is cost effective so I thought I'd give it a go. Then checking the manual I couldn't see more than one dhcp setup.

Any idea where dhcp is configured for the Vlans?
I'm not on site for a couple of days and then it has to go live!

More
03 Sep 2010 19:56 #4 by rpg
Replied by rpg on topic Draytek 3300v dhcp on Vlan - Help!!
Sorry no idea. I've never seen one !!

The diagram on the product page suggests that you can do it as does that section of the manual I mentioned.

Hope all goes well with it. In the meantime I'm sure somebody will be able to offer you some more guidance.

More
03 Sep 2010 21:45 #5 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Draytek 3300v dhcp on Vlan - Help!!
You need to enable 802.1Q VLAN on the 3300 under Advanced > VLAN, the default setup for that will have a separate VLAN on each LAN port with the 4th port being reserved as an emergency/management VLAN.
Once that's enabled and the router's restarted, you can then go to the LAN setup section of the router and there will be 4 LAN IP tabs, each one can have different DHCP server details or have the DHCP server disabled independently.

Moderators: ChrisSami