DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820n & Blackberry 8120 plus Low SNR & High At

More
06 Sep 2010 19:21 #1 by bushydon
:!: :!: Hi there, I bought the Vigor 2820n last week and it's worked flawlessly but the speed is slow. I had a BT2700HGV connected to my TalkTalk line and the speeds were around 3.5mb/s. Since buying the Vigor the speed had dropped down to around 1.2mb/s. The SNR is low around 7 and the Attenuation is around 50. I have heard there is a firmware which can help speed on poorer lines and it's referenced in the manual as well but can't seem to find it on the website. Also can you tell me how I can get my Blackberry 8120 to be recognised by the Vigor as my Blackberry 8220 work well and is seen via a quick scan no luck with the 8120 though. Any help would be much appreciated as I'm seriously thinking about reverting back to my old BT2700HGV again, it would be a shame as this is one hell of a router with all the bell and whistles to boot. Many Thanks, Pete. :!: :!:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2010 16:04 #2 by bushydon
:roll: No response to this prob.....anybody ?? Heeeeelp :roll:

More
09 Sep 2010 17:06 #3 by rpg
For firmware 3.3.3 have a look here:
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2820/Firmware/V3.3.3/

for firmware 3.3.4 have a look here:
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2820/Firmware/V3.3.4/

But do be careful about which firmware you select.....

More
11 Sep 2010 18:39 #4 by bushydon
Many Thanks. Pete.

More
13 Sep 2010 23:54 #5 by bushydon
:lol: Had a look at the available firmware, can you point me in the right direction for the one used for poor Attenuation and poor SNR? I don't want to flash with all the firmware individually to see which one it is and brick the router. Any advise would be great. Pete. :lol:

Moderators: ChrisSami