Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 adsl with tmobile 3g stick

• paperclip69
  • Topic Author
More
22 Sep 2010 21:09 #1 by paperclip69
2820 adsl with tmobile 3g stick was created by paperclip69
Hi All

we have setup a draytek 2820 ADSL router with a tmobile 3g usb stick, as bt have currently buggered up the adsl line.

I setup the stick settings with just default ppp settings and no apn name or username and password, this seems to work and users can browse the internet no problem albeit lighitly slower than when on adsl.

the problem is when we come to redirecting ports for smtp and rdp, i have set them in NAT and all the settings seem correct but it just doesn't seem to work, we can't connect over the ports, the best i get is with port 25 and when i telent that it seems to connect but i don't get any text back from the server so can't even tell if it's getting to the router or not.

has any one else tried setting the router up like this? and does any one else know what i could try to sort it?

we have setup dyndns but makes no change if i use that or the actual ip the 3g stick has currently got.

any help would be great

cheers

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2010 10:29 #2 by stevenball
Replied by stevenball on topic 2820 adsl with tmobile 3g stick
With 3G dongles, unless you get a full on business tariff tend to use NAT, so you get given a non-addressable IP address.

We had the same problem with Three, but found that we could change the APN to a different one that sorted us out.

Try Goggling NAT issues on T Mobile 3G or something similar, you might find the right APN to use.

More
07 Oct 2010 16:23 #3 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic 2820 adsl with tmobile 3g stick
I have been in the same pcenario - and used Wireless Logic to provide a 3G connection via Vodafone with a real fixed IP, nothing blocked etc.

Also, Nucleus Networks have short term offerings.

Moderators: ChrisSami