DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Mulitple WAN IPs causing issues

More
04 Oct 2010 13:45 #1 by gss03
Mulitple WAN IPs causing issues was created by gss03
We've got a 2820n with the 3.3.4 firmware installed to it.

We are using this with our SDSL servcice plugging into WAN2 of this router. We also have a block of IPs that we have assigned and use these for various services.

We have started noticing that our mail server jumps from one WAN IP address to another and doesn't stick to any one for an extended period of time. This is causing us some issue as it causes some mail to be rejected due to reverse DNS lookup failure.

Does anyone know how I can fix it so that this server only uses one IP address and no other out of our pool of addresses?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2010 16:26 #2 by daz69
Replied by daz69 on topic Mulitple WAN IPs causing issues
Ahh, multinat, I believe the only way to do it is by enabling DMZ mode for that internal ip, that then locks all inbound and outbound traffic to the external ip of your choice.

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_multinat.html

But then you'd have to be pretty sure your mailserver was locked up nice and tight.

I had the same problem - I got another line with a single static ip.

More
05 Oct 2010 17:00 #3 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Mulitple WAN IPs causing issues
To make sure it just uses the one IP, make sure that if you're using WAN IP alias that you dont have "join NAT IP pool" ticked for other addresses than the main one.
If that still doesn't fix it, set up Address Mapping under the NAT menu, which will lock a local IP to the specified WAN IP.

More
05 Oct 2010 18:19 #4 by daz69
Replied by daz69 on topic Mulitple WAN IPs causing issues
When I had the issue it was with a 2600+ that had no NAT address mapping available - I run a few 2820's now - let us know if Voodle's suggestion works!

More
05 Oct 2010 23:33 #5 by gss03
Replied by gss03 on topic Mulitple WAN IPs causing issues
Thank you for all the replies
After I posted it I put my Google hat on and did a bit of digging. I found the Multi-NAT discussion in the Draytek vFAQ of all places!

Found the correct menu within the 2820 and found the Multi-NAT was ticked. Unticked all and applied those settings - all sorted!!

Moderators: ChrisSami