DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820- Problem with 3.3.4.1 and DMZ hosts with WAN IP Aliases

• groov
  • Topic Author
More
06 Oct 2010 22:34 #64122 by groov
I have a 2820 router - I upgraded to the latest 3.3.4.1 and have had the following problem:

First I have the same config used on both 3.3.3 and 3.3.4.1

I have a server running 2 main services apache for web and a mail server.

Each service uses a separate IP and each mapped (WAN IP Alias) to a public IP and are in DMZ (port forwarding in NAT for multinat to close non-needed ports)

I have been using firmware 3.3.3 for a year or so and have had absolutely no problems with my websites contact forms using sendmail to the public IP of the mail server on port 25 (smtp)

When I upgraded to 3.3.4.1 this stopped working - I get a message from my PHP saying that it timed out while connecting to the mail server on port 25

No firewall issue whatsoever as I can check the firewall log and can see that that particular traffic is being passed without any issue (and it works on 3.3.3 anyway)...

I have reverted back to 3.3.3 and everything works .... could there be a problem with the DMZ with NAT and WAN IP ALIASES settings of 3.3.4.1 ?????? This is getting really annoying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2010 08:25 #64144 by scroucher
That bug is still there then :( I'll stick with 3.3.3 and put up with the admin interface being unreachable after 48 hours.

Steve

More
13 Dec 2010 14:28 #65237 by fab-itrescue
Replied by fab-itrescue on topic Rolling WAN IP Aliases
I'm configuring a VigorIPPBX 2820n prior to delivery to my client. It's running 3.5.5 with similar issues.

Browsing to www.myipaddress.com will report any one of my WAN Aliases; causing problems logging into any number of web-sites as the handshake can't find the local PC on the same WAN IP Address as the original contact!

My Vigor 2800vg running 2.8.2 (reported as 2.8.1) has no such problems. Just what the **** is going on?
Nigel

Moderators: Sami